About Your Bill
Here are some simple explanations for some of the terms, abbreviations and numbers you will see on your Residential bill. There are approximately 30 days in each billing cycle. This may depending on the number of days in that month. Call the HCEC Member Services department at 936-544-5641 if you have questions about your bill.
3. Member Information - This area displays pertinent information about your account. The service address, rate, meter number, readings and usage will be printed here.
- Base Charge - A set amount billed each month to cover the cost of delivering power to your meter and maintaining the distribution system.
- Energy Charge - The amount of energy you used (as reflected under kWh Usage) multiplied by our tariff rate.
- Power Cost Adjustment - Reflects the wholesale cost that HCEC pays for power. HCEC's tariff structure is based on wholesale power cost of 5.146 cents per kWh. Wholesale costs below this rate are credited to your bill. Wholesale costs above this rate are charged to your bill. There is no margin. This is based on our actual power cost.
- Security Light Charge - this will appear only if you have a security light from HCEC.